This website serves as a gateway to the latest in SDC Health Policy and Practice, the Swiss contribution to reaching the Millennium Development Goals related to health, as well as to general information about the work we are doing.
From May 2011 to May 2014, Switzerland will be occupying a seat on the Executive Board of the World Health Organization (WHO). Switzerland is committed to a strengthening of both the WHO and of
national healthcare systems.
Switzerland on the Executive Board
Health - Crucial key to development
The health gap between rich and poor continues to widen. In many parts of the world, the progress that has been achieved in public health over the years is being reversed. For several hundred million people worldwide, access to basic services such as health, drinking water or sanitation remains extremely difficult – if not impossible.
InIn SDC's view, the rampant inequalities in health matters are unacceptable violations of basic human rights. SDC activities in this sector focus on three areas.
Health systems and
Sexual and reproductive health, including infant and maternal health, cover issues as diverse as leading a safe and satisfiying sex life to the ability to have children and the freedom to decide if, when, and how often to do so.
Additional Information and DocumentsDocuments
- Un seul monde
Disponible seulement en Suisse
No. 4/2012 : Santé / Tchad / Tanzanie / Népal
Download (PDF, 2589 KB) : [de] [fr] [it]
- A focus on psychosocial support
Africa Brief - November 2010
Download (PDF, 1190 KB) : [de] [en] [fr]
- Human Resources for Health Development in Low- and Middle- Income Countries
Download (PDF, 268 KB) : [en]
- Swiss Health Foreign Policy
Download (PDF, 2080 KB) : [de] [en] [fr] [it]
- Switzerland’s contribution - The achievements of SDC in 2006–2010
Results in the areas of Health, Employment, Basic and further education, Agriculture, Rule of law and democracy, Water, Humanitarian Aid, Partnering with NGOs
Download (PDF, 5805 KB) : [de] [en] [fr]
- SDC Health Policy 2003-2010
Download (PDF, 501 KB) : [de] [en] [fr] [es] [ru]
- WHO Global Strategy and Plan of Action on Public Health, Innovation and Intellectual Property:
the Contribution of Switzerland
Download (PDF, 1038 KB) : [en]
Articles and Press releases
- Switzerland's new health foreign policy is approved
- What are “advanced diseases” doing in the most disadvantaged countries?
- Primary Health Care: kalter Kaffee?